6.11.2009

Back in Action

I have held true to the stereotypical blogger - I went months without updating my blog. I have realized that blogging takes a certain level of confidence that folks want to read about my daily life. Some may consider that confidence to be on the verge of arrogance. I had to restle with this dilemma. Since my last posting my daily life has changed quite a bit. There have been a number of times I have thought about taking my thoughts back to the keyboard. I have considered taking the blog in many different directions, some very serious and saddening. I have decided not to go down the path of blogging for therapy; fear not, the seemingly frivolous mission of this blog will not be compromised. Instead, I am going to stick with what I know: simply reporting what I see, hear, and experience throughout the day.

I am no longer the unemployed housewife. As of a few weeks ago I am a cash-winner for my household. This was very exciting news a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the honeymoon of working in the corporate world for the first time has already ended. Hollywood romances have lasted longer than my romance with employment. I went from planning my days however I fancied to sitting in a cube, staring at a computer for hours.

Fortunately for the blogging world, my monotonous days can lead to some rather interesting insights into human behavior and the insanity of the American work ethic. I have decided to blog about life in the cube farm, which feels somewhat like a basement, so I will continue to be considered the Basement Blogger. I am breaking some major blogging rules. 1) I am blogging about work, 2) I am blogging from work and I have not been employed long enough to earn such privileges.

This should get interesting.

1 comment:

Lee Lee said...

You crack me up! The cube farm feeling is so true though. And just so you know, I read your blog. I have been missing it. (What ELSE am I supposed to do at work?)

Welcome back. Happy blogging...ahem, I mean working.